Certified and Experienced
Flightcontroller is a company certified by the Australian Civil Aviation and Safety Authority (CASA) to deliver expert commercial training for Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) or more commonly known as ‘Drones’.
Our training courses are delivered by highly qualified and experienced aviation industry trainers and pilots, for Australian businesses and individuals wishing to become CASA certified unmanned pilots and operators, quickly and effectively.
Get certified and start earning an income in this exciting new area of the aviation industry.
Latest news: May 2016:
Flightcontroller is now operating in New Zealand and working with 360NZ.
People have two paths to follow depending on previous manned or unmanned aviation training and experience. Either path leads to the same qualification and privileges.
Path 1: Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC), this option enables people with no aviation experience through to experienced aviators the option of gaining a Certificate that is focused entirely on the operation of a remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS).
Path 2: UAV Controllers Certificate (UAV CC), if you have an existing pilot licence issued by CASA and experience and knowledge in the use of RPAS, then you need to complete Type Training for the aircraft you wish to operate. If you are a manned pilot who has no RPAS experience then the RPC course would be a better option for you.
Think of the RPC and UAV CC as a ‘pilot’s licence’ and you can now seek employment and work for an Operator. You may want to run your own business, if so then you are going to need a Unmanned Operator’s Certificate (UOC).
- We provide fully-certified training for remotely piloted aircraft systems.
- Our training is comprehensive and rigorous and designed to get the best out of the student.
- Our courses go over and above the minimums set by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
- The courses consist entirely of face-to-face, hands-on training
- Flightcontroller’s instructors have decades of aviation experience between them.
- Our Chief Instructor is a very experienced manned helicopter instructor, as well as being an RC enthusiast for years.
- Our courses have been designed by some of the industry’s most highly-regarded minds.
- We have trained many professional operators who are now out working in the UAV industry
- Yamaha Motors came to us in 2010 to help them get started with their R-Max program.
- Our courses are all fully approved by the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
- No further training is required, either before the course or after you graduate.
- Once the course is completed, you will leave our remote pilot course with a remote pilot certificate issued by CASA.
- We are experienced in comunicating with CASA, and are experienced in the UAV environment.
- We can help you navigate the pitfalls and can guide you through the steps required to become certified.